1st shift 6AM -4 PM Monday- Thursday
2nd Shift position 3:30PM -1:30 AM Monday- Thursday
3rd shift 10pm -8AM Monday- Thursday
- 2-5 years’ experience in manual machining
- Better than average mathematical abilities
- Related experience in a manufacturing environment
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to independently set-up & run a job order on a manual Lathe.
- Ability to set machine heads, sweep table, change chucks on lathes.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and technical documentation
- Strong familiarity with milling machine accessories and attachment – Arbors, adaptors, collets, vices, circular table, indexing head and tail stock, vertical milling attachment
- Familiar with Lathe operations such as OD Turning, ID Turning, Tapping, Threading, Reaming, etc.
- Familiar with face milling, angular milling, form milling, straddle milling and gang milling.
- Familiar with Indexing methods: direct, Plain or simple, compound, differential and angular indexing, numerical problems on indexing.
- Strong knowledge of machine tools and machining operations
- Knowledge of measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, height gages, indicators, comparators)
- Ability to indicate vises and work pieces
- Ability to coordinate and oversee complex machining operations
- Physical strength, manual dexterity, and precise hand/eye coordination
- Precision and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Sandvik Coromant Academy, Metal Cutting Technology or equivalent
- NMIS certifications for machine technologies or equivalent education (preferred)
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs