Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
About Malliouhana, Auberge Resorts Collection
Malliouhana, on the Caribbean Island of Anguilla, has been part of Auberge Resorts Collection since November 2014. The legendary winter destination for the jet-set crowd is known for its iconic location high over Meads Bay and Turtle Cove and sweeping 360-degree views of the Caribbean. 63 rooms and suites blend the warmth and gracious hospitality of the Caribbean with stylish spaces that create a sense of togetherness. An all new toes-in-the-sand restaurant, Leon’s at Meads Bay, joins Celeste and Bar Soleil overlooking white-sand beaches, along with the iconic two-tiered infinity swimming pool and new Spa at Malliouhana.
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by administering the day-to-day operations of beverage service areas in the hotel.
All members of the Food & Beverage Department are responsible for ensuring that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings. Within that, our Bar professionals have one of the most important positions for influencing guest satisfaction. It is crucial that all associates extend service in a professional, friendly, courteous, efficient and timely fashion.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Malliouhana employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Assisting guests in beverage and drink preparation, servicing of the bar area and the restaurant in an efficient and timely manner
- Relate with guests about needs, satisfaction with the beverage and drinks, ensuring a consistently caring and high-quality service
- Be knowledgeable about the drink offerings mentioned in the menu as well as all standard drinks to assist guest in choosing their beverage based on likes/dislikes
- Comply with Auberge’s standards in use within the Bar and Restaurant outlets.
- Contribute to improving the F&B sales revenues by being knowledgeable about drinks, cocktails, spirits and other menu items, specials and prices
- Accurately and quickly, take and place orders and input them into the system ensuring correct timing and billing
- Prepare the guest check accurately and collect payment or signature, as required
- Operate, maintain and properly clean all bar equipment and fittings
- Ensure that the bar is well-stocked at all times
- Use safe food handling procedures and maintain a safe working environment by using proper food-handling skills and food safety guidelines
- To perform any other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum one (1) year experience in the same or similar role.
- Experience in a luxury hotel is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and spelling, with guests and team members, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interact in a polite, professional, and engaging manner with guests and team members.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to think clearly and remain calm under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 35 pounds.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position