Join our Hoyt Nursing & Rehab team!
In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for assessing, developing, and directing the overall nutrition plan of care for each resident. An important aspect of this position is collaborating with and encouraging residents and families to participate in the development of care plans.
Additionally, we will look to the Registered Dietitian to continually study emerging trends and stay current on new research related to the practice of dietetics, and educate the culinary staff on pertinent topics related to human nutrition and culinary service.
Job responsibilities include:
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data from resident interviews and medical records, including anthropometric and laboratory information, diet orders, nutrition history, and medical concerns.
- Interpret lab values and estimate nutrient requirements.
- Analyze subjective and objective information to define nutritional problems and goals.
- Complete comprehensive nutritional assessments and develop care plans that identify resident needs and set goals to address issues.
- Collaborate with nursing to complete nutrition screening for all residents within 24-48 hours of admission.
- Evaluate appropriateness of and make recommendations regarding enteral nutrition support, including energy, protein, and adequacy of fluid provisions.
- Evaluate the diet prescription relative to diagnosis and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Ensure that all dietary personnel are aware of care plans and that care plans are used in planning the daily dietary needs of the residents.
- Monitor food services to assure that all resident dietary needs are being met.
- Communicate changes and additions in nourishment provision, resident food allergies, and food preferences.
- Ensure that all culinary personnel are knowledgeable of the resident’s rights and responsibilities concerning their nutritional needs.
- Make inspections of all culinary functions to assure that quality control measures are continually maintained.
- Assist in the review and revision of policies and procedures relative to the nutrition care process.
- Create and revise educational materials, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics or Nutrition (must be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics).
- Current registration status in Michigan.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide nutrition services appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures as well the laws, regulations and guidelines governing dietary functions in nursing care facilities.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with residents, families, physicians, and staff.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, and interpret program goals and objectives.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs