Based in Brighton, MI, our Centralized Admissions department is the central intake for admissions supporting multiple Wellbridge facilities, and is open seven days a week; Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
As a Centralized Admissions Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting in implementing care transitions programming starting prior to admission at the facility.
Job duties include ensuring a caring, smooth, and efficient admissions process. This includes prescreening residents for possible admission to the facility, completing insurance authorization, obtaining the necessary hospital paperwork for an admission into the building, following up with potential referrals, coordinating family meetings regarding admission or tours at a facility, making phone calls related to admission and discharge planning, communication with multiple hospital discharge planners, and arranging possible transportation for a new admission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human services or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of related experience; prior work experience in Post-Acute Care preferred.
- Outstanding English oral and written communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, physicians, and all facility personnel.
- Must have a strong customer service focus, possess a positive attitude, and desire to work with the ageing population.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and be flexible in responding to changing business demands.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage criteria and reimbursement.
- Proven ability to function independently, make decisions, and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency; including experience utilizing electronic medical records.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some holidays and every other weekend.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs