The Infection Control Nurse specializes in identifying, controlling, and preventing outbreaks of infection. This position also assists with modifying the treatment regimen to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of residents, in accordance with established medical practices and state and facility requirements.
What you will need to be a part of our EPIC team:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing with an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, or higher.
- License to practice as a Nurse (RN) in the State of Michigan; current CPR certification.
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute or extended care facility.
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to delivering Excellent, Passionate, Innovative care!
- You are a team player, dedicated to doing what it takes to support your team members and get the job done
Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Develop and revise infection control policies and procedures.
- Investigate suspected outbreaks of infection.
- Provide consultation on infection risk assessment, prevention, and control strategies.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the area of extended care facility patient care techniques; follow federal and state skilled nursing facility regulations.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Department: Nursing Administration
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs