The Director of Nursing plans, manages, and evaluates the twenty-four hour operation of the facility to ensure the delivery of quality resident care. This position acts as a resident advocate by managing resident care as well as hiring, guiding, developing, and evaluating nursing personnel. The Director of Nursing coordinates all departmental activities related to resident care, and oversees the Nursing Department for compliance with federal and state standards and regulations. Additionally, this position is responsible for being knowledgeable and supportive of the Resident Bill of Rights and related skilled nursing facility and departmental policies regarding resident and facility confidentiality.
In the absence of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing is responsible for the operation of the facility.
To become a part of our team:
- Graduation from an accredited professional nursing program with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, and a superior level of knowledge in nursing management in order to manage resident care, and manage large and diverse groups of nursing personnel.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a long term care facility including 2+ years of experience in an administrative role.
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to delivering Excellent, Passionate, Innovative care!
- You are a team player, dedicated to doing what it takes to support your team members and get the job done.
Some of your duties include:
- Assess residents to ascertain their condition and to ensure that nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment is administered in accordance with physician’s instructions and the resident care plan.
- Implement standards of nursing practice through the formulation of policies and procedures, and direct the maintenance of required department records.
- Assign duties to professional and paraprofessional nursing personnel based upon identified resident needs and available staff.
- Supervise and evaluate work performance in terms of compliance with standards of resident care, staff relations, and efficiency of service.
- Collaborate with other facility departments to coordinate efforts and resolve operational problems.
In compliance with CMS regulations, COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved exception as required by law, is required for employment.
Follow us on Social Media:
This is a full time position
Department: Nursing Administration
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs