Join our Dimondale Nursing Care Center team!
The Social Services Director oversees and directs the daily operations of the social services department. This position is responsible for leading efforts to provide social services to residents and their families to enable them to deal with the impact of illness and extend placement. The Social Services Director participates in resident care management and plays a key role in advocating and promoting resident rights.
Social Services Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred; a minimum of a Limited License in Social Work required; LBSW/LMSW preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience in a health care facility; long term care experience highly desired; working knowledge of gerontology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with demonstrated ability to partner and build rapport with all levels of employees.
Social Services Director Description:
- Participate in resident care management and ensure all established social services provisions are carried out.
- Identify medically-related social services needs of residents and ensure that these needs are met.
- Assist in meeting the psychological needs of each resident, including developing and managing services to improve social functioning, reduce psychosocial problems, enhance positive self-image, and preserve dignity.
- Coordinate psychiatric services and monitor psychoactive medication usage.
Follow us on Social Media:
This is a full time position
Department: Social Services
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs