The Account Coordinator is responsible for the processing and maintenance of patient billing, patient trust accounts, file management, and collection of patient bills.
- Process inpatient/outpatient charges, posting, billing and collections, ensuring all policies and procedures are complied with.
- Screen and review applicants to determine patient billing coverage and whether patient benefits are exhausted.
- Ensure that accurate and timely billing is completed and follow established controls to ensure appropriate submission.
- Scan checks, make deposits, and post and balance cash.
- Submit guardianship requests to legal, as needed and upon approval.
- Assist with billing for Medicare, Medicaid, Private Medical Insurance, and HMO’s, and assist with completing Medicaid applications.
- Work closely with inter-disciplinary teams to perform a monthly triple check to ensure that all coding in the system is accurate.
- Monitor billing and collections, assuring that proper accounting procedures are in place and records are maintained in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Speak with guests and families about out-of-pocket costs, and provide EPIC customer service at all times.
- Keep current on reimbursement billing procedures of third party and private insurance payers.
- Provide information to home office and external auditors and coordinate preparation of departmental financial reports.
- Verify resident trust receipts and balance resident trusts monthly.
- Ensure that Accounts Payable has accurate payer source and/or insurance information for billing purposes.
- Maintain confidential patient records.
- Competitive wages
- Yearly Wage Increases
PLUS we offer you best in class benefits:
- Medical – no deductible or co-pay
- Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Career path opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses up to $1500 each
- 401k with employer match
We can work with your scheduling needs:
- 8 hour shifts
- Full Time
- Day Shifts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of related experience, including previous billing and collections experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including demonstrated ability to interact effectively with residents, physicians, visitors, and all facility personnel.
- Strong computer skills; experience with electronic billing systems and medical records preferred.
- Good organizational skills, must be detail-oriented, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality regarding patient information and records.
- Strong knowledge of insurance guidelines, medical terminology, and HIPAA compliance guidelines.
In compliance with CMS regulations, COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved exception as required by law, is required for employment.
Follow us on Social Media:
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs