Join our WellBridge of Novi team!
The Social Worker provides social services to residents and their families to assist them in dealing with the impact of illness and extended care placement. This position participates in resident care management and ensures that needs are met through Social Service programming and appropriate referrals to outside agencies and community resources.
You will earn:
- Competitive wages based on your valuable experience
- Yearly Wage Increases
PLUS we offer you best in class benefits:
- Medical – no deductible or co-pay
- Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- $5000 Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses up to $1500 each
- 401k with employer match
Some of your duties include:
- Identify the medically-related social service needs of residents and assist with ensuring those needs are met by the appropriate discipline.
- Maintaining contact with family (with resident’s permission) to report on changes in behavior, psychosocial functioning, discharge planning, and encouragement to participate in care planning.
- Assisting residents/responsible parties with financial and legal matters such as drafting petitions for guardianship/conservatorship, assisting with pre-paid funeral arrangements, etc.
- Coordinating discharge planning services, i.e., helping to place a resident on a waiting list for community congregate living, arranging intake for home care services for residents returning home, assisting with transfer arrangements to other facilities.
- Through the assessment and care planning process, identifying and seeking ways to support residents’ individual needs and preferences, customary routines, concerns and choices.
To become a part of our team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, or in related human services field, including but not limited to Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Psychology; must have a minimum of a Limited License in Social Work; LBSW preferred.
- 1+ years of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to delivering Excellent, Passionate, Innovative care!
- You are a team player, dedicated to doing what it takes to support your team members and get the job done.
In compliance with CMS regulations, COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved exception as required by law, is required for employment.
Follow us on Social Media:
This is a full time position
Department: Social Services
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs