The Recreational Therapist is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, therapeutic recreational program within the facility (specifically the Memory Care Unit), coordinating with residents, families, enabling the residents to fulfill their therapeutic needs. This role reports to the Director of Activities. They will collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary team within the facility to help ensure the residents are meeting their individual social needs.
You will earn:
- $16.00 - $18.00 an hour based on your valuable experience
- Overtime Pay
- Yearly Merit Increases
PLUS we offer BEST IN CLASS benefits:
- Medical – no deductible or co-pay
- Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Career Opportunities – Grow your nursing career!
- $5000 Tuition Reimbursement
- $10,000 RN Loan Repayment
- Company paid Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses up to $1500 each
- 401k with employer match
What you will need to be a part of our EPIC Team:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy or related field. Preferred completion of certification under NCTRC with credentials of Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
Experience: Preferred prior work experience in Long Term Care. Preferred Certified Nursing Assistant, or upon hire the willingness to complete course to obtain certification.
Skills, Knowledge: Must be able to adapt quickly to environment and be flexible with residents and staff. Willingness for continued education for specialized programming to benefit residents on the Memory Care Unit. The applicant must have good personal and management skills. Possess a positive attitude and a want to work with the ageing population.
How you will help people every day:
- Coordinates leisure events/activities within the Memory Care Unit.
- Provides direct recreational therapy for residents.
- Develops and establishes recreational programs of a therapeutic nature suited to the physical and mental capabilities of the residents on the Memory Care Unit.
- Designs individualized programming to facilitate 1:1 therapeutic sessions.
- Confers with interdisciplinary team regarding the treatment needs of residents.
- Coordinates the recreational therapy program with other disciplines.
- Adapts and maintains necessary equipment.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Ensures work area is maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Answers call lights/pager system timely.
- Reports changes in patient’s conditions to the Nurse.
In compliance with CMS regulations, COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved exception as required by law, is required for employment.
Follow us on Social Media:
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs