The Regional MDS Nurse is responsible for supporting an assigned region to ensure the accurate completion and coding of the Resident Assessment Instrument.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct 1:1 training regarding the MDS, reimbursement, and case management process.
- Collaborate with departmental management staff and establish and maintain clear and timely communication regarding changes to the RAI process; provide education on the RAI process as needed.
- Oversee and provide support to facility MDS Nursing team to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the RAI process
- Implement standards of RAI process through the formulation of policies and procedures.
- Pull Casper reports for all assigned facilities on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of data that has been transmitted.
- Document facility visits and findings.
- Support assigned facilities in creating action plans.
- Assist with survey management, as assigned.
- Fill in for vacancies, as needed, to include:
- Complete the Resident Assessment Instrument accurately and in a timely manner.
- Enter data related to the RAI process into the electronic record keeping system.
- Refer findings of inaccurate, untimely or incomplete documentation to the Executive Director and follow through for timely compliance.
- Assure that care plans are scheduled according to regulated guidelines.
- Maintain and monitor compliance with state and federal rules and regulations related to RAI.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing with an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree, or higher, with at least 2+ years of experience in an MDS Coordinator role.
- Current RN State of Michigan License.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, visitors, and all facility personnel.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with electronic charting.
- Critical thinking skills, sound judgement and decision making skills, strong organizational and follow-up skills; attention to detail.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
In compliance with CMS regulations, COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved exception as required by law, is required for employment.
Follow us on Social Media:
This is a full time position
Department: Nursing Administration
Learn about NexCare WellBridge Senior Living employee benefits here.
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs