The Director Housekeeping & Laundry is responsible for the planning, organization, development, and direction for the overall operation of the Housekeeping & Laundry Departments. Key to this role is ensuring optimal operations and that the highest level of facility cleanliness is maintained.
You will earn:
- Competitive starting wages
- Yearly Wage Increases
PLUS we offer you best in class benefits:
- Medical – no deductible or co-pay
- Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Career Path Opportunities
- $5000 Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses up to $1500 each
- 401k with employer match
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order and maintain adequate level of supplies for the housekeeping and laundry departments in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Develop and implement task schedules for the completion of all housekeeping and laundry tasks.
- Ensure that the appearance of the facility and resident rooms are clean, sanitary, and free of odors.
- Ensure that all resident and facility laundry is properly washed, dried, folded, hung, and stored.
- Ensure that all linen is supplied to units as required.
- Ensure that equipment and supplies are in good working order, maintained, used, cleaned, and stored safely and in accordance with manufacturer guidelines and facility policies.
- Perform regular inspections of resident rooms and all facility common areas.
- Coordinate and direct seasonal and annual cleaning projects and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of the department budget.
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures for the Housekeeping /Laundry Department.
- Manage the housekeeping and laundry staff, including interviewing and selection of staff, training, scheduling, performance evaluations, and discipline.
- Coordinate and communicate housekeeping /laundry services with other departments.
- Coordinate and monitor resident moves and ensure that resident requests are responded to promptly.
- Investigate and resolve concerns, complaints, and any issues related to housekeeping/laundry.
- Participate in the quality assurance program.
- Maintain accuracy of the department’s Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Assure housekeeping /laundry department compliance with State survey requirements.
What you will need to be part of our EPIC team:
- High School Diploma.
- 5+ years of related experience; at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of housekeeping /laundry practices in a skilled nursing facility.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs