Join the Wellbridge of Pinckney team!
The Recreational Therapist is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, therapeutic recreational program within the facility (specifically the Memory Care Unit), coordinating with residents, families, enabling the residents to fulfill their therapeutic needs. This role reports to the Director of Activities. They will collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary team within the facility to help ensure the residents are meeting their individual social needs.
You will earn:
- Competitive Wages
- Overtime Pay
- Yearly Merit Increases
We need your help with these scheduling needs:
- Part Time
- Every Other Weekend
- Weekday Afternoons
PLUS we offer BEST IN CLASS benefits:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Career path opportunities
- $5000 Tuition Reimbursement
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses up to $1500 each
- 401k with employer match
What you will need to be a part of our EPIC Team:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy or related field. Preferred completion of certification under NCTRC with credentials of Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
Experience: Preferred prior work experience in Long Term Care. Preferred Certified Nursing Assistant, or upon hire the willingness to complete course to obtain certification.
Skills, Knowledge: Must be able to adapt quickly to environment and be flexible with residents and staff. Willingness for continued education for specialized programming to benefit residents on the Memory Care Unit. The applicant must have good personal and management skills. Possess a positive attitude and a want to work with the ageing population.
How you will help people every day:
- Assists in Coordinating leisure events/activities within the Memory Care Unit.
- Provides direct recreational therapy for residents.
- Assists in developing and establishing recreational programs of a therapeutic nature suited to the physical and mental capabilities of the residents on the Memory Care Unit.
- Assists in designing individualized programming to facilitate 1:1 therapeutic sessions.
- Confers with interdisciplinary team regarding the treatment needs of residents.
- Coordinates the recreational therapy program with other disciplines.
- Adapts and maintains necessary equipment.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Ensures work area is maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Answers call lights/pager system timely.
- Reports changes in patient’s conditions to the Nurse.
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs