Join our EPIC team at Nexcare WellBridge Senior Living!
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for performing clerical billing duties, including review and verification of patient account information against payer program specifications, processing invoices, and answering questions about patient accounts as it pertains to payment and reimbursement. The Billing Specialist also serves as a key point of contact for assigned centers to answer questions, troubleshoot, and resolve billing issues.
This position is an in-person role at our corporate facility located in Brighton, Michigan.
Nexcare Health Systems offers a fantastic work environment and competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including generous paid time off; paid holidays; medical, dental, and vision insurance; employer paid life insurance; employer paid short-term disability insurance; voluntary long-term disability insurance; optional life insurance buy-up; a 401k plan with a company match; flexible spending account for medical and dependent care; tuition assistance of up to $5,000 per year; and an excellent work-life balance; EAP program; and potential for career advancement.
- We are a company that lives by it's core EPIC values:
- E - Excellence
- P - Passion
- I - Innovation
- C - Care
- Competitive Salary ranging from $19-25 per hour depending on experience
- Yearly Wage increases
PLUS we offer you best in class benefits:
- Medical – no deductible or co-pay
- Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- 401k with employer match
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect billing information and verify personal data on patients; Resolve patient billing inquiries and problems
- Process regular invoices on a monthly basis; Complete and submit claims for payment
- Reconcile the weekly or mid-month census with assigned facilities
- Maintain a thorough understanding of HMO, PPO, and managed care contractual relationships in order to determine that correct payments and adjustments are made.
- Report all errors or omissions of patient insurance and demographic information to the manager.
- Review insurance EOBs, and when necessary may initiate the appeals process.
- Prepare insurance letters of appeals as necessary, attaching medical documentation, referrals, prior authorizations, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal, State and local billing regulations, and inform management and compliance department of discrepancies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field a plus.
- 3+ years of related billing experience, including Managed Care, Medicare, and/or Medicaid billing; hospital billing and insurance claim processing experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of insurance guidelines, medical terminology, and HIPAA compliance guidelines.
- Must be detail oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple accounts and tasks effectively.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with electronic medical record systems
- Familiarity with medical insurance manual claims process and claims appeal process.
- Must be able to maintain the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality regarding patient information and records.
- Knowledge of third party billing and collections.
- Basic understanding of UB-04, 1500, CPT, and ICD-9 Coding.
- Knowledge of hospital and/or medical billing and insurance claim filing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance plans and/or Medicare procedures, and diagnosis coding preferred.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Department: Home Office
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs