Join our West Oaks Senior Care & Rehab team!
The Infection Control Nurse specializes in identifying, controlling, and preventing outbreaks of infection. This position also assists with modifying the treatment regimen to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of residents, in accordance with established medical practices and state and facility requirements.
This position will also be the Nurse Educator / Staff Development role. The Nurse Educator is responsible for the general orientation, coordination of continuing education, and provision of facility-wide in-service programs for employees. Responsibilities include developing and presenting orientation for all newly hired personnel, and specific clinical orientation for new nursing employees. Additionally, this position researches, develops, and implements in-service programs designed to enhance organizational efficiency and quality of services provided.
You will earn:
- Competitive wages based on your valuable experience
- Yearly Wage Increases
PLUS we offer you best in class benefits:
- Medical – no deductible or co-pay
- Dental & Vision
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- RN Student Loan Repayment
- Company paid Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses
- 401k with employer match
How you will help people every day:
- You will develop and revise infection control policies and procedures.
- You will investigate suspected outbreaks of infection.
- Provide consultation on infection risk assessment, prevention, and control strategies.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the area of extended care facility patient care techniques; follow federal and state skilled nursing facility regulations.
What you will need to be part of our EPIC team:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- License to practice as a Nurse (RN) in the State of Michigan; current CPR certification.
- 5+ years of previous experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute or extended care facility with at least six months concurrent experience involving employee education.
- Strong facilitation and mentoring skills to present training and education in a positive, supportive, and concise manner.
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to delivering Excellent, Passionate, Innovative care!
- You are a team player, dedicated to doing what it takes to support your team members and get the job done.
This is a full & part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs