Prep Cook Chef – Camp Navarro
Camp Navarro is seeking (2) two Prep Cooks to join the team at its 200-acre event center and venue. An ideal candidate will be efficient, diligent and willing to improve on the job. This candidate will be agile and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, exciting environment as a part of a team preparing "glampy" dishes that provide our guests the nourishment to fully immerse in the experience of their stay in the Redwoods. This position includes competitive compensation, and the opportunity to cater to a diverse range of events, including festivals, weddings, and corporate groups while working with the team to create truly unique events in a stunning location!
Education: High School Diploma & Experience in a professional kitchen is preferred
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of prep Cook experience preferred. Minimum of 2 years food service experience preferred, ideally with experience in banquet or catering food production. Knowledge of Food & Beverage and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for culinary excellence and hospitality industry
- Skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Knowledge or ability to learn various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner, using recipes provided for you
- Resilient in stressful situations and always able to think clearly and not rush to make any situation dangerous or improper
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrates ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with other department to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to quickly problem solve and communicate with Sous Chef or Executive Chef when an immediate issue requires assistance
- Current California Food Handlers Card Certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills and recognition by others as a respected member of the team.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and the ability to multitask
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time and complies with all Camp Navarro standards.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 40lbs constantly
- Lifting/Carrying: Average weight 40lbs constantly
- Standing/Walking: Constantly. Standing/walking the majority of scheduled shift
- Kneeling/Crawling: Occasionally. Completing tasks throughout the Camp
- Reaching: Constantly
- About Camp Navarro
Camp Navarro is Northern California's premier 'back to nature' event property, and is available for corporate retreats, weddings, festivals, conferences, camps and other creative events. Camp Navarro is ideally situated in the coastal redwoods between the Anderson Valley wine country and the spectacular Mendocino coast. The property features 32 cabins, 100+ idyllic 'glamping' style lodging units, a 10,000 square foot main lodge and dining hall, and countless outdoor areas for sports and activities. The team at Camp Navarro shares a passion for nature, environmental stewardship, and the protection and conservation of precious natural resources.
The Camp Navarro Mission
We invite people to experience nature and community by hosting inspired events and practicing responsible stewardship.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a full time or part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs