Server – Camp Navarro
Camp Navarro is seeking Servers to join the team at its 200-acre event center and venue. The ideal candidate is outgoing, energetic and has experience with banquet food and beverage service. In this position, you’ll work under the direction of our Event Production Manager and General Manager, assist in setup and breakdown of food service equipment and provide service to our guests so that they are able to fully immerse in the experience of their stay in the Redwoods. This position includes competitive compensation, and the opportunity to cater to a diverse range of events, including festivals, weddings, and corporate groups while working with the team to create truly unique events in a stunning location!
Education: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred
Experience: One year of Banquet Service experience is preferred. Must have broad food and beverage knowledge and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong passion for people and the hospitality industry
- General knowledge of food, beverage and ingredients
- Resilient in stressful situations and always able to handle last minute requests/unexpected situations
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrates ability to understand and effectively implement written and verbal instructions
- Strong team orientation and ability to work with other department to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to quickly problem solve in basic situations and effectively communicate with kitchen and management staff when an immediate issue requires assistance
- Current California Food Handlers Card Certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills and recognition by others as a respected member of the team
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, a high level of organization, and the ability to multitask
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time and complies with all Camp Navarro standards
- Scheduling flexibility to meet operational needs
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 40lbs frequently
- Lifting/Carrying: Average weight 40lbs frequently
- Standing/Walking: Constantly. Standing/walking the majority of scheduled shift
- Kneeling/Crawling: Occasionally. Completing tasks throughout the Camp
- Reaching: Constantly
About Camp Navarro
Camp Navarro is Northern California's premier 'back to nature' event property, and is available for corporate retreats, weddings, festivals, conferences, camps and other creative events. Camp Navarro is ideally situated in the coastal redwoods between the Anderson Valley wine country and the spectacular Mendocino coast. The property features 32 cabins, 100+ idyllic 'glamping' style lodging units, a 10,000 square foot main lodge and dining hall, and countless outdoor areas for sports and activities. The team at Camp Navarro shares a passion for nature, environmental stewardship, and the protection and conservation of precious natural resources.
The Camp Navarro Mission
We invite people to experience nature and community by hosting inspired events and practicing responsible stewardship.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Food & Beverage
This is a non-management position
This is a full time or part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs