Scientist – MechanicsJOB SUMMARY/ GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Navatek LLC is a diversified engineering research firm supporting the U.S. Department of Defense and other federal organizations. Founded in 1979 and operating out of offices in Honolulu, Hawaii; South Kingstown, Rhode Island; Portland and Bangor, Maine; Arlington, Virginia; Columbia, South Carolina; Stillwater, Oklahoma; and Ann Arbor, Michigan, Navatek supports military and industrial customers through research and development of emerging technologies and systems. The candidate will have the opportunity to help lead ground-breaking research across a diverse range of applications in mechanics including: unmanned surface vessels, unmanned underwater vehicles, additive manufacturing, and intelligent systems. Candidate should be able to thrive in a research environment – identify technical gaps in the state-of-the-art and translate client needs into system or research requirements, manage a project from conceptualization through proof-of-concept, and clearly communicate results to stake holders. This opportunity is located at the Portland, Maine office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and development: problem identification, requirements definition, new theory development, analysis, simulation, and experimentation.
- Engineering of perception and control systems and systems of systems for new vehicles, modeling & simulation, and software applications.
- Provide technical supervision and guidance to engineering teams, as needed.
- Communicate results to stakeholders in the Department of Defense.
- Support development of new business opportunities: gap analysis, client relations, proposal writing.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of experience with a focus on computational mechanics.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can take new ideas and execute solutions in an independent environment.
- Experience with US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and/or Air Force a plus.
- Must show proof of work eligibility in the United States.
- Experience working to and exceeding targets.
- Regular attendance is required.
- US Citizenship required.
This position will be located at Portland, ME office. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs