JOB SUMMARY/ GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Navatek LLC is a diversified engineering research firm supporting the U.S. Department of Defense and other federal organizations. Founded in 1979 and operating out of offices in Honolulu, Hawaii; South Kingstown, Rhode Island; Portland and Bangor, Maine; Arlington, Virginia; Columbia, South Carolina; Stillwater, Oklahoma; and Ann Arbor, Michigan, Navatek supports military and industrial customers through research and development of emerging technologies and systems. The Director of Hypersonics is a high-level position that establishes and maintains a business development program focused on hypersonic technologies. This position requires outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams in a way that promotes efficient, high-quality work. This opportunity may be located in any Navatek office, with a preference for the Arlington, Virginia location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing growth strategies and plans which align with Navatek’s business objectives, strategic goals, and organizational values.
- Utilize subject matter expertise in hypersonic systems to identify new business, ensure client needs are understood, and contract deliverables are fully supported.
- Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients.
- Increasing client base and contracts.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition.
- Writing proposals.
- Negotiating with stakeholders.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams.
- Following industry trends locally and internationally.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts.
- Providing reports to leadership and other high-level personnel.
- Develop sustainable business relationships with vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
- Evidence of prior role as principal investigator (PI) on a hypersonics and/or counter-hypersonics contract for the Department of Defense or NASA, or evidence of capture of a hypersonics-related contract.
- Alternatively, 8+ years of experience in hypersonics and/or counter-hypersonics which may include propulsion, materials, and simulation, and evidence of a strong connection to the defense hypersonics community.
- In-depth knowledge of current hypersonic technologies.
- Business development experience.
- Understanding of finance, marketing, negotiations, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, while working strongly with others in a team.
- Experienced in managing budgets and schedules.
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Regular attendance is required for the position.
- U.S. Citizenship.
This position may be located in any Navatek office, with a preference for the Arlington, VA location. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs