Navatek LLC, a privately-owned defense contractor is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on a range of exciting Department of Defense (DoD) projects. This opportunity is located at the South Kingstown, RI location.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of design and analysis experience, related to mechanical structures. The individual will design and develop innovative solutions, taking the systems from concept to prototype, and through prototype fabrication. Creativity and critical thinking are highly valued, and the candidate will be asked to solve technically challenging problems with a multi-disciplinary engineering approach and lead entry-level engineers in support of designs. Multiple years of engineering project management experience leading the design and construction of novel systems is highly desired. Strong engineering fundamentals, the ability to be adaptable across multiple engineering disciplines, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment are required to be successful in this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Generate requirements for unique engineering solutions
- Design and develop innovative solutions using computer-aided drafting tools and engineering analysis methods.
- Take systems from concept, to detailed design, to prototype testing, and through production.
- Apply mechanical engineering experience to provide technical insight to various programs.
- Identify and investigate new science and technology
- Solve technically challenging problems with a multi-disciplinary engineering approach
- Exercise project management skills which includes customer interaction, generating tasking for engineers and ensuring cost and schedule are met over the duration of the program.
- Clearly communicate concepts and ideas with engineers at variable experience levels.
- Communicate effectively with subcontractors and vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with contracting, purchasing, and compliance teams as needed.
- Support the writing and review of proposals for new contracts to lend engineering accuracy to concept designs.
- Report writing and presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is required for this job
Qualifications / Requirements
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, or equivalent from an accredited college or university and 5+ years of experience in an Engineering position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, or equivalent from an accredited college or university and 7+ years of experience in an Engineering position.
- Strong engineering fundamentals.
- Proficiency with drafting of parts and assemblies.
- Familiarity with Finite Element Modeling tools.
- Strong mechanical structures knowledge and experience.
- Familiarity with hydrodynamics and Naval Architecture.
- Experience in working department of defense projects desired.
- Experience in generating drawing packages.
- Knowledge of machine design, structures, and hydrodynamics.
- Proficiency with surface and solid modeling CAD software preferred.
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and testing is desirable.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, while working strongly with others in a team.
- U.S. citizenship required.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs