The Business Development/Capture Representative is responsible for supporting the Capture Manager for on-time, high-quality submissions of all Navatek proposals. This includes proposals to support the DoD, NASA, and other U.S. government agencies that can range from small business grants to large proposals (>$10m) for multi-year programs. The Business Development/Capture Representative will support the Capture Manager and function as an assistant proposal manager to ensure all active proposals are submitted on-time with little to no assistance from the Business Development team.
In this role, the Business Development/Capture Representative will work with internal Business Development staff, the Capture Manager, and Navatek leadership to help maintain the appropriate reports and tracking to drive Navatek’s growth through pursuit of competitive work. The Business Development/Capture Representative will be responsible for supporting the full Business Development life cycle process. Tasks associated with this role may include maintaining pipeline reports, capture planning, defining key proposal requirements from proposal solicitations, writing white papers and request for information responses, proposal timeline development, proposal submission, and tracking bid and proposal expenditures to ensure cost-effective proposal development.
Important duties also include communicating progress and highlighting risks, timeline delays, and other issues to senior leadership and executives.
The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of direct experience in proposal management or business development support for DoD or other federal agency opportunities. This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in the growth within an innovative and rapidly-growing science and technology company.
- Work with the Business Development and Capture Manager to assess business opportunities and how to best leverage the available resources to secure new business for Navatek.
- Work with the business development team to ensure any business development or capture related reports are up-to-date with business development or capture related decisions.
- Maintain schedule of key business development and capture related activities.
- Develop proposal development schedules and ensure proposal development is on schedule.
- Determine level of effort required to complete requirements for successful proposal submissions.
- Develop templates required by multiple consortiums to ensure that proposals and supporting documentation are developed consistently across the company.
- Documentation of process improvements to ensure that business development scope of work can be done efficiently without sacrificing technical robustness.
- Maintain a database of “in-process” (pre-award) projects which will assist Operations and Human Resources with future work projection and identifying hiring needs.
- Proposal writing and editing will be required as deadlines dictate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field desired
- 2+ years of proposal or capture management support desired
- Experience with OTAs and Federal Government proposal submission portals desired
- Experience in proposal management for U.S. Department of Defense projects is highly desirable.
- Experience developing and managing schedules with the ability to convey information to varied levels of staff.
- Strategic planning: analyzes work, sets goals, develops plans of action, and utilizes time effectively.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, while working strongly with others in a team.
- MS Project experience.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a U.S. Government SECRET security clearance.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs