This position provides starting pay of $16.50 /hour with the opportunity to increase at a rapid pace. Full benefits provided effective first day of following month after hire. Everything you need to start job and work will be provided (training, boots, shirts, and PPE). PTO starts accruing at day one. Must be able to pass physical, background check and drug test.
ENTRY LEVEL MINE POSITION
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, North America, and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide.
Overview of the role:
Reporting to Mine Supervisor the purpose of this role is to support production at the Middle Tennessee mining operations.
- Meets attendance requirements
- Follows instructions
- Demonstrates understanding of mining process
- Works well with others
- Follows MSHA and company safety policies
- Asks questions when uncertain
- Works independently or with minimal supervision
- Can use/operate basic hand and power tools
- Wears/uses proper PPE required for the job at all times
- Understands basic mathematical calculations
Department: Middle Tennessee Mines
This is a full time position