Safety, Health, Environment and Community
- Demonstrate safe behaviour at all times
- Comply with the site’s standards and procedures in SHE.
- Promote awareness of SHE practices and Demonstrate effective performance in achieving agreed SHE goals in support of the department, site and company standards.
- Reporting of all SHE incidents.
- Demonstrate leadership in SHE through personal behaviours and conversations
- Provide clear expectations on performance in SHE through setting objectives and KPIs in SHE for all our employees and contractors
- Ensuring ongoing effective people management of staff by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and development through training of employees
- Take a leading role in the employment and development of staff
- Ensuring personnel are assisted to achieve their full potential and rewarded accordingly
- Ensuring all employees attend work in an punctual manner and that correct procedures are followed in cases where absences from work may occur
- Attending for work in a fit and punctual manner
- Ensure the mine development and operational activities are achieved to plan specifications
- Ensuring resources are available and utilised in an effective and efficient manner to achieve budget
- Ensuring costs are controlled to meet budget and where possible reduced to achieve savings
- Any other duties as directed by the Mine Superintendent
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- 5 years underground mining experience
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office Excel & Word
- Tennessee Class C Foreman’s Certificate or equivalent (preferred)
- Competent in being able read ground and conduct Stope inspection
- Competent in tasks to include , drilling, scaling, Bolting and installing of water needle.
- Strong Knowledge of MSHA Regulations
Department: Middle Tennessee Mines
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Nyrstar Tennessee Mines