Maintain machinery for safe operation and to minimize production down time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Repair and maintain Vertical Form Fill and Seal (VFFS) packaging equipment, Clamshell packaging lines, Ishida Scales and Packaging area bag and case coders.
- Perform major Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities and assist operators during weekly and daily PM’s.
- Use ClariSoft program to create, edit and download SKU’s to Video Jet printer.
- Complete Work Orders and parts lists.
- Work with and PM our process water treatment system (EP500) must be able maintain and calibrate ORP /PH and Free Chlorine sensors install and troubleshoot entire (EP500) system.
- PM and maintain Raytec optical sorters.
- Follow all safety and GMP requirements and perform repairs as needed for safety issues and concerns.
- Train operators in technical skills required to perform their duties.
- Work with operators on a daily basis to reduce downtime and increase plant efficiency.
- Work in cross-functional teams to maximize plant efficiencies.
- Help maintenance mechanics when required.
- Train in wash line repair and maintenance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a food packing processing environment with one (1) year experience in VFFS packaging machine operator.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot problems using electrical wiring diagrams (schematics).
- Must have experience with industrial electronics and controls.
- Thorough knowledge of Ishida scales is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Bosch Baggers is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Hayssen baggers is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Preventive Maintenance Procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Troubleshooting Procedures.
- Computer skills with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
Ability to communicate and interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization. Ability to speak, write and read English. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Must have strong math skills and apply basic algebra and geometry.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Work in coordination with Production Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians, Packaging Machine Operators, Materials Supervisors, Quality Assurance, and other personnel from related departments. Must be willing to travel and work alternate shifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to speak, to listen to others and to handle business related machines and documents. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move objects in the office/production facility of up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally exposed to cold temperatures of 36 degrees and heat when working inside the production facility. The employee will be working inside a production facility where the use of chemical substances are present and used. Employee's work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and loud when working in the production facility.
Department: Maintenance & Engr.
This is a full-time position