Efficiently operate Vertical Form Fill and Seal (VFFS) packaging equipment, Clamshell packaging lines, Ishida Scales and Packaging area bag and case coders. Perform daily Operational Maintenance activities. Follow written production schedule and assist with film changes. Follow all safety and GMP requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Fully competent in running all packaging equipment, seldom requiring assistance, and consistently maintains high levels of efficiency and minimal downtime. Efficiently operate VFFS packaging equipment, clamshell packaging lines, Ishida Scales and Packaging area bag and case coders.
- Train, mentor and help develop new and existing operators.
- Perform daily operational maintenance activities which include: All cleaning, adjustments, inspections required to have the machine function properly.
- Make film changes.
- Assist other PMO's, technicians, and production personnel on a daily basis to reduce downtime and increase plant efficiency. Offer input and suggestions.
- Verify set up of machine; verify that the machine has been properly put back together from sanitation crew along with scales and their proper function.
- Clean and properly store any machine related items not being utilized for the current run.
- Responsible for machine set-up, general machine operation and changeovers. Changeover is the process and time equivalent of going from one product, label, container, coding, or material to the other. It is possible for a single changeover to have one or all of the items mentioned.
- Continually monitor area around machinery for trash, product, etc. and clean and maintain a neat and organized area near machinery. Clean machine and belts to ensure free from debris and product.
- Assist other operators with their duties when attending machine is not being utilized.
- Per established criteria outlined in the QA manual, verify the first packages/clams of labeled product meet the product specification for that product and are run to GMP requirements set by the company.
- Frequently collect and deliver rework product to the designated area.
- Look up product sku's in a PC computer and select product that will be run on the machinery. Change and calibrate machinery via the PC.
- Complete machine and production forms by filling in product, label information, and counts.
- Follow and complete the daily production schedule, including changes that may occur during the course of the day with limited supervision. Production schedule is the document containing type and amount of items expected to be passed through packaging equipment; a change would be any deviation from that schedule.
- Troubleshoot technical machine problems, elevate to maintenance if outside scope, or resolve if within scope of duties and skills. Machine problems within scope may include: machine downtime due to excessive product, product over the photo eye, changing ribbon on label machine, cleaning belts and keeping free of product and debris.
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. Demonstrated ability to use a calculator.
- Understanding of machinery and electronics in addition to level 1 requirements; ability to understand and manipulate the machine for maximum efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
- PC Understanding. Locate and retrieve files from directories, save files in multiple locations (flash drive, My Documents, network folders), create folders to organize files, select appropriate printer and print, use multiple ways to accomplish the same task including keyboard shortcuts/icons/menus, use input device (mouse), use peripheral devices such as scanners, use special function keys, page up/down, home/end, troubleshoot common technology problems - printer queue, not connected to the network, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and continuously meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work off shifts.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Basic English/Spanish reading and writing skills preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
HS Diploma or GED: or one year job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position