Efficiently operate Vertical Form Fill and Seal (VFFS) packaging equipment, Clamshell packaging lines, Ishida Scales and Packaging area bag and case coders. Perform daily Operational Maintenance activities. Follow written production schedule and assist with film changes. Follow all safety and GMP requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Efficiently operate VFFS packaging equipment, clamshell packaging lines, Ishida Scales and Packaging area bag and case coders.
- Safely operate production area scales, packaging and labeling equipment. To operate is the act of controlling by manipulation a given machine; to do it safely would be to complete the manipulation without harm to self or machine. A task list by machine is available in each operator’s manual by machine.
- Perform daily operational maintenance activities which include: All cleaning, adjustments, and inspections required to have the machine function properly.
- Assist more senior PMO's with film changes.
- Collaborate with PMO's, technicians, and production personnel on a daily basis to find ways to prevent and reduce equipment down time and increase efficiencies.
- Verify set up of machine; verify that the machine has been properly put back together from sanitation crew along with scales and their proper function.
- Clean and properly store any machine related items not being utilized for the current run.
- Responsible for machine set-up, general machine operation and changeovers. Changeover is the process and time equivalent of going from one product, label, container, coding, or material to the other. It is possible for a single changeover to have one or all of the items mentioned.
- Continually monitor area around machinery for trash, product, etc. and clean and maintain a neat and organized area near machinery. Clean machine and belts to ensure free from debris and product.
- Assist other operators with their duties when attending machine is not being utilized.
- Per established criteria outlined in the QA manual, verify the first packages/clams of labeled product meet the product specification for that product and are run to GMP requirements set by the company.
- Frequently collect and deliver rework product to the designated area.
- Look up product sku's in a PC computer and select product that will be run on the machinery. Change and calibrate machinery via the PC.
- Complete machine and production forms by filling in product, label information, and counts.
- Follow and complete the daily production schedule, including changes that may occur during the course of the day with limited supervision. Production schedule is the document containing type and amount of items expected to be passed through packaging equipment; a change would be any deviation from that schedule.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position