Learn and operate Vertical Form Fill and Seal (VFFS) packaging equipment, Clamshell packaging lines, Ishida Scales and Packaging area bag and case coders. Perform daily Operational Maintenance activities. Follow written production schedule and assist with film changes. Follow all safety and GMP requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Learn and operate VFFS packaging equipment, clamshell packaging lines, Ishida Scales and Packaging area bag and case coders.
- Safely operate production area scales, packaging and labeling equipment. To operate is the act of controlling by manipulation a given machine, to do it safely would be to complete the manipulation without harm to self or machine A task list by machine is available in each operator’s manual by machine.
- Perform daily operational maintenance activities which include: All cleaning, adjustments, and inspections required to have the machine function properly.
- Assist more senior PMO's with film changes.
- Collaborate with PMO's, technicians, and production personnel on a daily basis to find ways to prevent and reduce equipment down time and increase efficiencies.
- Verify set up of machine; verify that the machine has been properly put back together from sanitation crew along with scales and their proper function.
- Clean and properly store any machine related items not being utilized for the current run.
- Work with production and maintenance while training on a machine and learn how to maximize plant efficiencies.
- Continually monitor area around machinery for trash, product, etc. and clean and maintain a neat and organized area near machinery.
- Assist other operators with their duties when attending machine is not being utilized.
- Per established criteria outlined in the QA manual, verify the first packages/clams of labeled product meet the product specification for that product and are run to GMP requirements set by the company.
- Frequently collect and deliver rework product to the designated area.
- Look up product sku's in a PC computer and select product that will be run on the machinery.
- Complete machine and production forms by filling in product, label information, and counts.
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. Demonstrated ability to use a calculator.
- Basic understanding of machinery and electronics, start/stop procedures, purpose, function and recognition of machine failure.
- Demonstrated ability to lift/move up to 50lbs.
- Basic understanding of a PC. This includes: log on/off the computer, power on/off the computer, open/close computer applications, open/save/close files, print documents, identify parts of a computer – CPU, monitor, mouse, keyboard, CV/DVD drive, printer.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and continuously meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work off shifts.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Basic English/Spanish reading and writing skills preferred.
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
HS Diploma or GED: or one year job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position