Unload pallets of raw material from trucks, weigh product, verify counts against Bill of Lading or Purchase Order, ensure product is cooled, place ID tags on the product, place product in the warehouse and rotate as required FIFO, and supply the plant with raw material to meet production schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed)
- Prior to operating a forklift, sign out for the forklift, conduct required safety inspection of the forklift, complete required safety inspection form, and only operate the lift if it is in safe working order. Report safety concerns or damage to the forklift immediately to the supervisor.
- Unload raw material from trucks using a forklift, place pallets of raw material on a scale, weigh the pallet to obtain the gross weight, record weights onto the Load/Unload Chart.
- Verify counts of pallets of raw material against Bills of Lading (BOL) or Purchase Orders (PO), note and report discrepancies in product type and quantity.
- Turn in completed Load/Unload Chart to the Receiving office, obtain pallet ID tags, and place on pallets of product.
- Ensure raw material is cooled before taking the pallet into the Raw Product Cold Box. Take warm product to the Tube Operator and/or cooling tube.
- Place cooled product in the Raw Product Cold Box and rotate product, FIFO.
- Supply the plant with raw material as needed per Supervisor instructions or per the production schedule.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in safe handling of forklift.
- Maintain and work in accord with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration norms.
- Adhere to GMP’s in accordance with company policy.
- Must be able to work any shift and able to work in an environment of 36F
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must successfully complete and pass fork lift certification test
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
Basic English literacy with demonstrated ability to read, write and interpret work related documents and written work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures.
Basic math skills with demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers to assure proper inventory counts and fulfillment of customer orders.
Demonstrated ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to work in a fast-paced-high pressure environment, collaborating with co-workers and management. Sense of urgency, extreme accuracy, detail oriented, able to raise and effectively deal with issues at all levels of management, ability to work independently, ability to suggest procedures to improve processes. Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
1. Education: High School graduate or GED equivalent from an accredited institution, without a forklift certification.
2. Experience: Basic entry level computer knowledge required. Familiarity with touch screen smartphones a plus. Must pass hand held wireless test and be able to read the instructions on the small screen. Must know how to read and follow instructions in English.
3. Preferences: Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred. Previous experience in scanning process is desirable.
4. Licensures: Forklift Certificate or experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Forklift Certificate required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to use a handheld scanning device such as, hold the device, follow screen prompts and instructions, and push buttons on the device.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is consistently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and extreme cold, 36 degrees. The employee will be working inside a production and/or warehouse facility where the use of chemical substances are present and used. Employee's work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and loud when working in the production/warehouse facility.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
Department: Receiving & Inventory
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position