PRIMARY PURPOSE:Responsible for supervising the warehousing function which includes incoming and outgoing material such as receiving and cooling of raw product, receiving of packaging materials, inventory management, dispatching, warehouse personnel, and order pick, stage, and load. Utilize available resources (staff and equipment) to move product in the safest and most cost effective manner to meet or exceed customer expectations and to achieve site and company goals. Hire, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of warehouse. Establish and promote activities and processes in compliance with the company’s premium product standards. Develop good employee relations following the company compass. Ensure employees are adhering to State and Federal Wage and Hour laws and the Union contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Responsible for the direct supervision of warehouse employees. Communicate job tasks, key operating indicators, and safety expectations. Ensures that direct reports follow company policy and procedures by training, coaching, counseling when necessary.
- Responsible for preparing and managing daily schedule of employees to include start time, breaks and lunches, and end time while adhering to Wage and Hour laws.
- Ensure smooth operation of the dock. Monitor the unloading/loading of raw and finished goods product based on appointment times and achieve targeted Turn Time.
- Oversee shipping, receiving, packaging, yard, bin washing, trash, forklift and battery functions as applicable.
- Coordinate work assignments, monitor employee performance, and provide training on job duties, company policies and procedures.
- Participate in and provide input to policy development and training topics and content development.
- Handle employee conflicts and performance matters in a professional manner whereby all parties involved believe they’ve been heard, treated fairly, and can support the resolution or outcome.
- Foster an environment where the importance of employee and food safety is based on proper safe handling and loading of product including maintaining cold chain integrity.
- Utilize work method programs for training and education to motivate employees to improve performance and quality of work. Develop improved performance of employees through feedback and coaching.
- Maintain effective and proper communication with employees and personnel in all support departments.
- Adhere to regulatory requirements and Good Manufacturing practices (OSHA, HAACP, Food Safety, PPE, Wage and Hour, etc.).
- Participate in OFP related projects and project work which may include documenting and implementing processes and training, attending meetings etc.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Warehouse Developmental Supervisor
- Inventory Clerk
- Union Warehouse personnel and forklift operators.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of work experience and course work in a related field. Equivalent education and work experience may consist of high school diploma or G.E.D. and related industry training and 5 years inventory or warehouse experience as a dispatcher, forklift operator, or inventory clerk.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment preferably produce, in inventory management, warehouse operations, or shipping/receiving operation.
- Must have prior knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques, customer requirements, loading systems, and inventory systems.
- Knowledge of food safety, good manufacturing practices, general plant and warehouse safety practices and procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems preferably Navision.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in the English/Spanish.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with sales representatives, customers, truckers, vendors, management etc. in a professional knowledgeable manner.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, employees, managers/supervisors.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in food processing plant.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent people/problem solving skills is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents (such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals)
- Demonstrated and proven leadership skills such as planning, organizing, staffing, leading, controlling & communicating.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have personal integrity, flexibility, dependability, ability to work within policy guidelines
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to build, coach, train and motivate personnel, while holding employees accountable for result.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly provide work direction, communicate with support staff and present recommendations and ideas to build consensus.
- Results driven leadership, with the ability to work with professionalism under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to implement new processes
- Continuous improvement oriented.
- Basic math skills with demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers to assure proper inventory counts and fulfillment of customer orders.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- A high level of analytical skill to assess and evaluate the operational areas of responsibility, participate in establishing department financial goals, analyze new products and processes, and have the ability to report findings to appropriate management representatives.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Forklift operation certification preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to go inside the cooler, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning. The employee is also exposed to cold temperatures and heat when visiting plant processing and warehousing locations. The employee will be visiting plant locations where the use of chemical substances is present and used in the processing plant. Employee's work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to speak, to listen to others and to handle business-related documents and issues that need to be kept confidential. In many cases he/she will be exposed to extreme variations in ambient temperatures.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
This is a management position
This is a full-time position
Visit Careers at organicgirl