PRIMARY PURPOSE:This position is responsible for operation of ammonia refrigeration and HVAC at the Salinas, CA facility. Ensure the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of all plant Refrigeration machinery and equipment in assigned areas. Responsible for adhering to all safety regulations and company policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Assist Refrigeration Technicians working with outside contractors for repairs and maintenance related activities.
- Assist in completing the daily refrigeration log.
- Ensures that proper protective equipment is utilized.
- Adheres to the Risk Management Plan (RMP) for facility.
- Assist in monitoring all critical process temperatures according to quality control CCPS.
- Assist Refrigeration Techinicians with the installation of all new refrigeration equipment.
- Learn, understand the Refrigeration cycle, and control system.
- Maintain area in audit ready status at all times. Auditors include EPA, CUPA, and OSHA.
- Assist Refrigeration Technicians with portable refrigeration equipment including cooling tubes and compressors.
- Adhering to all protection norms laid down by the sector for job related functions.
- Assist with Forklift repairs.
- Assist with all Facility and Refrigeration related repairs.
None; will assist Refrigeration Technicians working with outside Contractors for repairs and maintenance related activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Electrical, instrumentation, schematics, hydraulics.
- Mechanical aptitude in order to offer technical direction in areas of welding, safety, machinery repair, speed changes, determining equipment capacity, determining cause of equipment failure, etc.
- PC proficiency (Word, Excel, e-mail)
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization. Ability to speak, write and read English.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have strong math skills and apply basic algebra and geometry.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- RETA CARO certification required within 5 years of hire date.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and continuously meet deadlines.
- Ability to work off shifts as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to speak, to listen to others and to handle business related machines and documents. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move objects in the office/production facility of up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally exposed to cold temperatures of 36 degrees and heat when working inside the production facility. The employee will be working inside a production facility where the use of chemical substances are present and used. Employee's work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and loud when working in the production facility.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
Department: Maintenance & Engr.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position
Visit Careers at organicgirl