Mission: Gaming professionals working together to provide a friendly, safe, and fun gaming experience.
Values: Professionalism, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Sincerity.
THIRD POSTING OPEN TO ALL
SALARY: $52,855/Annually (Negotiable)
Assist in the design, installation, monitoring, and management of network systems including local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), ensuring a high level of reliability, performance, and availability. Configure and manage routers, switches, wireless systems, and network management systems. Utilize performance analysis and network management tools to troubleshoot, isolate, and correct network problems. Manage complex networking projects and may lead or guide the work of other staff and/or students engaged in similar functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the planning, design, installation, monitoring and management of network communication systems.
- Assist with the recommendation, development, and documentation of appropriate department standard operating procedures for operation and maintenance of the Oneida Nation’s data communications network.
- Apply formal project management techniques to manage complex networking projects.
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend systems which best meet the Oneida Nation’s business needs.
- Implement tools and process to monitor the capacity, utilization, and performance of the networks to ensure timely and reliable delivery of information.
- Provide periodic project and performance management reports as required.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with vendors, network service providers, co-workers, and customers.
- Identify, isolate, and resolve complex network system problems using a structured problem determination and resolution approach.
- Maintain system documentation for the Oneida communications network to include system network diagrams, standards, device configurations, problem escalation routines, circuit documentation, etc.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies for critical equipment.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies as they apply to the Oneida environment.
- Assist in the designing, planning, and implementing of structured wiring systems to support network systems.
- Certifications within last three (3) years which demonstrate core technical and business skill competencies:
b. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
c. CompTIA Network +
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience and knowledge of Casino Gaming network systems and high-speed networks.
- Surveillance Systems and Networks.
- Other relevant experiences and knowledge; health care, education, public safety.
- High School Diploma or GED; ten (10) years of experience.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field; eight (8) years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; six (6) years of experience.
- Experience in the following areas:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally stand, walk, bend/stoop, crawl, reach above shoulder level, crouch, kneel, balance, push/pull, and carry/lift up to one (100) pounds with assistance.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE SUBMITTED:
- Copy of degree, diploma and/or certificate(s).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
This is a full time position
Closing Date: October 19, 2020
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs