Mission: Gaming professionals working together to provide a friendly, safe, and fun gaming experience.
Values: Professionalism, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Sincerity.
INTERNAL POSTING OPEN TO ONEIDA ENROLLED TRIBAL MEMBERS ONLY
(Includes Individuals on Return to Work Protection)
SALARY: $52,855/Annually (Negotiable)
Accomplish the Slot Department objectives by planning, organizing and directing all slot operations and other departmental activities and services. Ensure compliance with established laws, regulations, policies, and procedures to include the Tribal State Compact, Gaming Ordinance and IGRA for the Slot Department. Maintain confidentiality of all privileged information. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service for all internal and external customers of the operations at all times. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external customers of Oneida Casino. Provide solutions for customer concerns and continually focus on customer service as our top priority.
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation, and direction in the maintenance, monitoring, and compliance of a Strategic Plan for the area that is aligned with the Gaming Division and customer research.
- Ensure personnel understand their duties and responsibilities and have the resources available to carry them out. Establish departmental performance measures. Monitor work performance and take corrective actions to ensure the responsibilities of personnel are carried out.
- Assess and analyze all work performance activities for the purpose of continually improving in any area. Ensure systems are in place which guarantees work activities are completed and guarantee results. Ensure systems and people are aligned to provide results established in all areas. Manage inventory. Make improvements as needed and recommend needed improvements to all Senior Management personnel.
- Develop, maintain, and facilitate effective relationships, communications processes and activities with all Gaming personnel and all other internal and external customers.
- Adhere to established quality, service delivery, customer service, and customer demand expectations. Adhere to all audit, and legal regulations/laws and practices.
- Work cooperatively with the Senior Management Team in fulfilling the Vision and Mission of the Oneida Nation and Oneida Casino.
- Assist the Slot Director in the management of the Slot Department by setting goals, developing budgets, and submitting progress reports.
- Supervise staff to include, but not limited to, hiring, training, scheduling, and record keeping
- Participate in the overall marketing strategy of the Gaming Division. Work cooperatively with the Marketing Department to promote all marketing initiatives.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; review professional publications; establish networks; participate in professional societies; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
- Respond to the Oneida Gaming Commission, Slot Director, or Senior Management by providing written reports requested.
- Investigate and resolve employee and customer complaints and concerns.
- Ensure compliance with Title 31 regulations and be responsive to audit findings.
- Purchase necessary equipment to ensure efficient department operations.
- Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program Strategic Plans and Policies.
- Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
- The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and Indian gaming regulations.
- Knowledge and ability to efficiently and effectively develop, manage, and monitor funds and program budgets.
- Knowledge of accounting, purchasing and auditing policies and procedures.
- Knowledge in human resources management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of statistical compilation and analysis, including employee schedule maintenance and slot machine performance.
- Skill in problem solving, human relations, and time management.
- Ability to employ a participative leadership style and the ability to change leadership styles as situations dictate.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with vendors, employees, and patrons.
- Ability to learn and understand specialized accounting and gaming industry software.
- Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity to community issues and concerns.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with the individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
- Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Tribe’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
- Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nation’s Gaming Division.
- A valid driver’s license or occupational driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license or occupational driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a personal vehicle under the Oneida Nation’s Vehicle Driver Certification and Fleet Management Law prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment.
- Two (2) years of slot experience.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Must be an enrolled member of the Oneida Nation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; three (3) years of management or supervisory work experience in gaming operations; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Evening and/or weekend work is occasionally required. Travel may be required for training, meetings, conferences, presentations, and other events.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust-free.
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED:
- Must provide a copy of Diploma, License, Degree or Certification upon employment.
Transfer Deadline: 2/26/2021
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Closing Date: 2/26/2021
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs