- Full-time, twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4, $15.85/hr - $18.35/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Twelve semester units in nursing or health related field or six semester units in nursing or health related field and six semester units in social work, psychology, sociology or related field, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Computer skills and knowledge.
- Ability to transport parents when needed.
- Ability to advocate for parents with federal, state and private agencies to obtain services.
- A California Drivers License, daily use of automobile and automobile liability insurance.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide health referrals for families, including transportation, translation and parent advocacy.*
- Provide effective follow up for all referrals to assure families/children have received the needed services.*
- Track all health information for enrolled children, including immunizations, TB test results, diagnosis from physicians and health insurance.*
- Complete necessary reports and forms on children's health information.*
- Maintain and utilize referral list of local agencies for parents.*
- Maintain detailed data records on services provided, services received, and outcomes.*
- Produce monthly and annual reports including narrative and data sections.*
- Produce quarterly health newsletter for parents.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Actively participate in Head Start/Early Head Start Advisory Committee.*
- Work effectively with other team members and other departments.*
- Report and discuss program needs with Education Administrator as circumstances require.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Promote full enrollment; and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist Education Administrator where needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Education Administrator.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs