- Full Time, TEMPORARY position
- Twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been established.
- Twelve semester units in social work, psychology, sociology or related field, or six semester units in nursing or health related field and six semester units in social work, psychology, sociology or related field, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Ability to transport parents when needed
- Ability to advocate for parents with federal, state, and private agencies to obtain services
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide family support services and referrals for families, including transportation, translation and parent advocacy.*
- Track all health information for EHS enrolled children, including immunizations, TB test results, diagnosis from physicians, health and dental insurance. *
- Complete necessary reports and forms on children’s health information.*
- Maintain and utilize referral list of local agencies for parents.*
- Maintain detailed data records on parents served, services provided, services received, and outcomes.*
- Conduct height and weight tests for enrolling children as needed.*
- Produce monthly and annual reports including narrative and data sections.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Report and discuss program needs with Early Head Start Director as circumstances require.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents and staff.*
- Plan and present workshops for enrolled pregnant women and parents.*
- Plan and create effective home visits for enrolled pregnant women including visits within two weeks of the delivery of the infant.*
- Assist Early Head Start Director where needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Early Head Start Director
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash Out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Early Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs