*Actual site located in Alhambra, CA*
- Twelve month work year for most staff in this position.
- Part-Time 19 hrs/wk
- PM hours: MTWF 2-5:30 pm and Th 12:30-5:30 pm.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4: $15.14/hr - $16.79/hr Initial Salary Placement: Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Ongoing Recruitment.
- One year experience working with children
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventative Health which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Three semester units Child Development acceptable to licensing with grade of “C” or better.
- Command of Chinese.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: WHILE IN THE CLASSROOM:
- Plan and conduct group activities based on the Empowered Learning curriculum.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active participation.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children and parents.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality school age program.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Work with the children to maintain a clean environment both inside and outside.*
- Cooperate with the Teacher in planning, supervision, and implementation of the program.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities, including Family Nights.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Teacher as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
* Denotes essential job functions
- Works under direction of the Teacher and the Education Coordinator
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
*Please list any volunteer experience under work experience
Division: Enrichment Program - EL
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs