- Full-Time, Non-exempt, 10-12 month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency's contracts, or at agency discretion.
- Position is located in Pasadena/Altadena.
SALARY: $13.25 per hour
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been received.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to organize work schedule for maximum use of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Experience preparing food for group meals.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Follow basic health standards in regards to the handling of food.*
- Maintain a clean, safe kitchen environment.*
- Follow the established menu and portion sizes.*
- Properly store food items, dishes, and utensils to maintain sanitary conditions.*
- Complete basic food program documentation.*
- Prepare food as required by the menu: slicing, mixing, warming, etc.*
- Place food in serving dishes appropriate for each classroom.*
- Wash and sanitize cooking and serving dishes.*
- Work effectively with team members.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents and staff.*
- Works under direction of the Child Development Center Education Coordinator and Child Development Center site Director.
*Denotes essential job functions
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs