- Full-time, Non-exempt, 12-month work year
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may change with changes in federal regulations, state regulations, the agency's contracts, or at agency direction.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4, $22.52/hr. - $26.07/hr Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been established.
- Three years experience in general secretarial and/or accounting.
- Ability to work well with people, a sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and generation of computerized reports.
- Type forty-five words per minute with accuracy.
- Telephone answering skills.
- Ability to travel quickly and safely between offices and other locations as needed.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California driver's license, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve as both telephone and client receptionist when necessary.*
- Type correspondence, memos, reports, and other documents.*
- Maintain and organize administrative/fiscal files, consultant contracts, travel requests, portable building records, property tax file, vehicles titles and building titles, tax returns, audit report, census report, etc.*
- Handle postal duties.*
- Prepare monthly local share reports for all funding sources.*
- Process all credit applicants, all vendor account records and credit card reports.*
- Monitor all business travel, consultant contract and equipment maintenance records.*
- Process corporate office supplies order.*
- Assist in recording and tabbing equipment.*
- Assist in preparing internal reports.*
- Assist in preparing and mailing monthly, quarterly and yearly fiscal reports to funding sources.*
- Maintain knowledge of relevant laws and regulations effecting fiscal operations.*
- Sort fiscal department and corporate office incoming and/or outgoing mail.*
- Assist in copying accounting documents.*
- Assist in maintaining internet, email and corporate computerize systems.*
- Communicate with and assist agency administrators as needed.*
- Communicate with banks and vendors as needed.*
- Assist in conducting fiscal in-service training.*
- Perform work related errands.
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Create calendar for staff meetings, type agendas and minutes.*
- Work effectively with other team members.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation on a timely basis according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the fiscal staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs