- Full-time, ten month approximate work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 3, $20.14/hr - $23.86/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Child Development Teacher Permit.
- Three semester units in administration, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- AA/BA degree in Child Development or related field.**
- Four years teaching experience.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventive Health which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare and implement individual educational plan for each child.*
- Plan and implement preschool program based on the High Scope Curriculum. *
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner. *
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the interest and needs of the children enrolled in the program. *
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active learning. *
- Provide a well-supervised safe environment. *
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff. *
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures. *
- Encourage language development and respect for language diversity in classroom and community. *
- Facilitate monthly site staff meetings*.
- Supervise Associate Teacher in the classroom. *
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality preschool program. *
- Work effectively with other team members. *
- Actively participate in in-service training. *
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parents meeting and activities. *
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based checklist. *
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers. *
- Promote full enrollment and participate in recruitment of children as directed. *
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely, basis, according to agency policies and procedure. *
- Assist the Education Coordinator as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the Child Development Supervisor.
* Denotes essential job functions
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs