- Full-Time, Non-exempt, Twelve month work year
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1-3, 16.88/hr.-$18.61/hr., Initial Salary Placement is Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Two years basic bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Ability to work well with people, with particular sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- Type 30 words per minute accurately.
- Ten key skills.
- Telephone answering skills
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and liability insurance.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
- AA/AS degree in accounting or related field (as deemed by the agency).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist the Fiscal Manager and Fiscal Department Supervisor by performing bookkeeping functions, including provider payment processing; parent fee billing, parent fee reconciliation, and other bookkeeping tasks.
- Perform secretarial functions including typing, filing, mailing, computer input, and telephone communication.
- Assist the Fiscal manager and Fiscal Department Supervisor in the preparation and disbursement of all reports as needed.
- Assist the Fiscal Manager and Fiscal Department Supervisor with training and mentoring of new Fiscal Assistants.
- Handle receptionist responsibilities or errands as needed.
- Review and calculate provider payments from attendance sheets and provider payment request sheets, using 10 key adding machine.
- Maintain accurate provider payments projections.
- Assist parents/providers with questions regarding attendance sheets and provider payment request sheets, and child care payments.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation on a timely basis according to agency policies and procedures.
- Assist Coordinators and Division Administrator as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the direction of the Fiscal Manager and Fiscal Department Supervisor.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Child Care Services
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs