- Full-time, Exempt, 12 month work year.
- Evening or weekend hours will be required, including, but not limited to, meeting with Board committees or attending Board meetings and meeting agency deadlines.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may change with changes in federal regulations, state regulations, the agency's contracts, or at agency direction.
SALARY: $11,000 / month
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been established.
- B.A. /B.S. degree in Accounting
- Experience as a Controller, Director of Accounting or similar position
- Minimum of seven years of experience in accounting.
- Minimum of four years supervisory/management experience in accounting/finance.
- Experience in non-profit accounting with federal, state and county grants.
- Experience in managing all areas of the statement of position and statement of activities.
- Experience in accounting systems implementations including but not limited to: general ledger, timesheet and expense reimbursement.
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, as well as the need and opportunity for improvements and efficiencies, and accordingly be able to develop and implement solutions.
- Proficiency in Windows applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) with demonstrated expertise in complex Excel functionality
- Proficiency with computerized accounting systems.
- Strong analytical abilities and results orientation.
- Proficient in active communication and solid interpersonal skills.
- High level of organizational and prioritization skills as well as project/task management experience.
- CPA preferred
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Direct oversight of accounting functions and staff, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger activity, maintenance of accounting files, tax accounting and reporting, fee collection, inventory, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting statements and reports, both internal and external.
- Maintain a robust internal control environment to ensure high level of accuracy in accounting data and reports and to provide a clear audit trail to meet government, GAAP and funding source requirements.
- Provide leadership to the organization on all areas of accounting policy including being a liaison with Division Directors and managers to improve communication, timeliness of work flow and streamlining processes.
- Streamline the accounting department, work flow, policies and procedures to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Develop and maintain systems for training accounting staff that includes a “continuous improvement system” of performance evaluation to improve staff success, performance, efficiency and accuracy.
- Oversee or participate in the generation and presentation of internal and external reports, including assisting the Chief Financial Officer or Budget Director.
- Provide leadership/management for a variety of ad-hoc initiatives including, but not limited to financial systems improvements and process enhancements.
- Work with auditors and fiscal reviewers to meet all audit and fiscal review requirements.
- Communicate with bankers and vendors regarding fiscal issues, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position reports to the Chief Financial Officer with a dotted line to the CEO.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs