- Year-round, before and after school, licensed child care program from 4.9 to 12 year olds.
- Split shift required; 6:30 - 9:30am, 1 - 6pm (Hours may vary depending on site placement)
- Twelve month work year for most staff in this position.
- Full Time, Non-exempt.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4: $20.15/hr - $23.54/hr Initial Salary Placement: Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
- Three semester units in administration, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Four years teaching experience.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventative Health which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile and automobile liability insurance.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (WHILE IN THE CLASSROOM) :
- Plan and conduct group activities based on the Surround Care curriculum.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active participation.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children and parents.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Work with the children to maintain a clean environment both inside and outside.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality school age program.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Interact in a positive manner with School District personnel and other visitors.*
- Supervise the Teacher, and Assistant Teacher in the classroom.*
- Oversee the entire Surround Care site operations and daily functions according to Options policies and procedures while giving guidance and support to the site staff.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities, including Family Nights.
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning checklist.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Education Coordinator as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Denotes essential job functions
Works under direction of the Surround Care Education Coordinator.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Surround Care
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs