- Full-time, Non-exempt, 12 month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may change with changes in federal regulations, state regulations, the agency's contracts, or at agency direction.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4, $22.77/hr. - $26.36/hr Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been established.
- Three years experience in accounting.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and generation of computerized reports.
- Type thirty words per minute with accuracy.
- Ability to travel quickly and safely between offices and other locations as needed.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California driver's license, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversee team members to carry out routine duties.*
- Manage the team when the team supervisor is not available.*
- Attend meetings when team supervisor is not available.*
- Assist in team training.*
- Assist in develop team procedures.*
- Assist accounting supervisor/accounting manager as needed.*
- Assist in fiscal year end closeout management.*
- Assist in audit process.*
- Assist in audit schedules.*
- Perform routine accounting duties.*
- Maintain fiscal files.*
- Prepare semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and yearly tax reports.*
- Prepare internal reports.*
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly fiscal reports to funding sources.*
- Maintain knowledge of relevant laws and regulations effecting all fiscal operations.*
- Assist in preparing audit schedules.*
- Operate computerized accounting system.*
- Communicate with vendors as needed to resolve problems/concerns.*
- Perform work related errands.
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation on a timely basis according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.*
- Works under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor or Accounting Manager or Staff Accountant.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs