- Temporary position
- Twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Two years secretarial experience.
- Ability to work well with people, with particular sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- Type fifty-five words per minute accurately.
- Computer skills and knowledge required (word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and publishing software).
- Telephone answering skills.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver's License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare administrative reports such as proposals for program changes, program reviews, budgetary reports and other reports as assigned.*
- Maintain and organize administrative files such as contract information, personnel and children's files, site incident reports, staff grievances, budgets and budget related information.*
- Type agendas for administrative meetings and staff meetings.*
- Serve as both telephone and client receptionist for administration relaying confidential information between agency administration, division administration, staff and parents as directed.*
- Type, deliver and relay correspondences with CDD, licensing, and other contractual partners of Options for Learning.*
- Type program documents, correspondence and memos as needed.*
- Knowledge of, ability to use, and skill to coordinate maintenance/repairs and purchases of standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, multi-line telephone, and copiers.*
- Handle postal duties of division.
- Handle printing duties of division.*
- Handle division ordering of supplies in conjunction with administration.*
- Perform work related errands.
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Promote full enrollment and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation on a timely basis according to agency policies and procedure.
- Assist Division Director and administrative team of division as needed.*
- Assist other Agency Division Administrators, Executive Director, and Deputy Executive Director as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
* Denotes essential job functions
- Works under direction of the Head Start Division Director.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Head Start
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs