- Full-Time, Non-exempt, Twelve month work year
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1-4, $18.62/hr - $21.56/hr Initial Salary Placement is Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Experience working with parents and children
- Ability to work well with people, sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- Good organization and clerical skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California driver’s license, daily use of an automobile and auto liability insurance.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese strongly preferred.
- BS/BS degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Experience and or training in a Child Development program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage assigned caseload.
- Recruits families for the program.
- Enrolls families, including certification and re-certification of eligibility for programs.
- Works with all managers/supervisors and the parent to locate placement of the children.
- Assists in maintaining eligibility list.
- Manages all paperwork to verify family’s eligibility and need of services.
- Responsible for the calculating of parent fees.
- Review all attendance sheets /provider payment requests for children on caseload.
- Assist parents to resolve problems with employers, schools, children and providers.
- Coordinate social services, counseling, and health and special education referrals for parents.
- Assist with planning and implementation of parent education and parent involvement components.
- Maintain current and accurate records in the database while maintaining confidentiality.
- Assist with Special Events.
- Assist the Department Coordinators and Division Administrator as needed.
- Main knowledge of regulations for all applicable programs.
- Represent Agency at meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the direction of the Parent Specialist Supervisor.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Child Care Services
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs