*Actual site located in Alhambra, CA*
- Twelve month work year for most staff in this position.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4: $16.63/hr - $19.26/hr Initial Salary Placement: Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Ongoing Recruitment.
- Twelve semester units acceptable to licensing in Child Development with a passing grade of “C” to meet teacher requirement.
- Eighteen months experience working with children.
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit (ongoing requirement that must be maintained at all times).
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR, Pediatric First Aid (ongoing requirement that must be maintained at all times) and Preventive Health which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan and implement school age activites.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Develop and maintain learning centers which reflect the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for the children with an emphasis on active learning.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality school age program.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Actively participate in In-service training.*
- Cooperate with the Site Director/Teacher in planning, supervision, and implementation of the overall program.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing family nights, parent meetings and activities, etc.
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options for Learning center based cleaning checklist.*
- Supervise Assistant Teachers in the classroom.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Site Director/Teacher as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
* Denotes essential job functions
- Works under direction of the Empowered Learning Education Coordinator
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
*Please list any volunteer experience under work experience
Division: Enrichment Program - EL
This is a non-management position
This is a part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs