- Full-Time, Exempt, Twelve month work year
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Two years management experience in a professional capacity in child development or related field.
- AA/AS degree in child development or related field (as deemed by the agency).
- Ability to work well with people, with particular sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- Computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Child Development Education or related field (as deemed by the agency)
- A California driver's license, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage assigned caseload with emphasis cases that present significant difficulties.
- Supervise Parent Specialists in the delivery of child care services.
- Prepare draft performance evaluation of Parent Specialists for submission to Department Supervisor.
- Manage Parent Specialist's scheduling, program inquiries, case load, and daily activities.
- Maintain knowledge of and follow Community Care Licensing regulations, Funding Terms and conditions, Child Development Division regulations, Title V regulations, applicable California State law and CalWORKs contract requirements.
- Maintain current and accurate records in the database while maintaining confidentiality.
- Prepare reports as needed for the Subsidized Supervisor, Coordinator or Division Administrator.
- Represent agency at meetings in the community.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation on a timely basis according to agency policies and procedures.
- Assist Coordinators and Division Administrator as needed.
- Train department staff on policies, procedures and use of division computer systems.
- Review parent files for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide support for the Parent Advisory Board including planning and implementation of meetings.
- Coordinate with the Education Specialist to provide training, special events, and field trips.
- Work with Fiscal Supervisor and Assistants regarding provider payments and parent fees.
- Assist parents to resolve problems with providers.
- Coordinate social services, counseling, health and special education referrals for parents.
- Assist with planning and implementation of parent education and parent involvement components.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the direction of the Subsidized Coordinator
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Child Care Services
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs