- Full-time, non-exempt, 12- month work year
- Requires travel to various local sites on a daily basis.
- Work schedule hours vary on a daily basis.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 3, $16.83/hour - $18.56/hour. Initial salary placement is Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants has been established.
- Child Development Associate Teacher Permit
- Eighteen months working experience working with children.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly) and Pediatric First Aid (yearly) which is acceptable to Community
- Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of automobile and automobile liability insurance
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Substitute as needed and directed by Education Coordinator
- Adjust to the schedule and needs of the site
- Be flexible in daily assignments and be ready to change site assignments if necessary.*
- Assist in planning and implementing preschool program based on the High Scope Curriculum.*
- Supervise and interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Maintain learning centers which reflect the interests and needs of the children enrolled in the program.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active learning.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children, parents, and staff.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Encourage language development and respect for language diversity in the classroom and community.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality preschool program.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Actively participate in in-service trainings.*
- Cooperate with the Site Director and Teacher in planning, supervision and implementation of the overall program.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities, including Family Nights.
- Provide a clean and sanitary facility (inside and out) on a daily basis according to Options center based cleaning checklist.*
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Site Director and Teacher as needed.*
- Other duties as assigned.
- While in the office:
- Answer telephones and take accurate messages
- Give program information to inquiring families
- Light typing as needed
- Interact with office and teaching staff in a positive manner
- Handle family and office files appropriately and confidentially.
- Assist Family Service Coordinator and/or Education Coordinator as directed.
- Works under direction of the Education Coordinator
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash Out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Full-Day Preschool
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs