*Actual site located in Alhambra, CA*
- Twelve month work year for most staff in this position.
- Full Time, Non-exempt.
- Split shift required; 6:30 - 9:30 am, 1 - 6 pm.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4: $21.21/hr - $24.79/hr Initial Salary Placement: Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled.
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit.
- Three semester units in administration, with a passing grade of “C” or better.
- Four years teaching experience.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR (yearly), Pediatric First Aid (yearly) and Preventative Health which is acceptable to Community Care Licensing (Health and Safety code 1596.866).
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile and automobile liability insurance.
- Command of Chinese
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (WHILE IN THE CLASSROOM) :
- Plan and conduct group activities based on the /Empowered Learning curriculum.*
- Interact with children in a positive manner.*
- Provide a wide variety of experiences for children with an emphasis on active participation.*
- Use sensitivity and good judgment when interacting with children and parents.*
- Provide a well-supervised, safe environment.*
- Accomplish other duties as assigned to create and maintain a quality school age program.*
- Actively participate in in-service training.*
- Interact in a positive manner with School District personnel and other visitors.*
- Supervise the Teacher, and Assistant Teacher in the classroom.*
- Plan or participate in planning and implementing parent meetings and activities, including Family Nights.
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Promote full enrollment, participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Other duties as assigned.
*Denotes essential job functions
Works under direction of the Education Coordinator.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: Enrichment Program - EL
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs