- Full-Time, Non-exempt, 12-month work year.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Ongoing Recruitment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Combination of twelve semester units in business, accounting, social work or sociology (or related field as deemed by the agency) with minimum grade of “C” – up to six units in child development can be substituted for social work or sociology.
- One year of experience working with children/parents or one year of office experience.
- Type thirty-five words per minute accurately.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- Command of Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
- Give program information to inquiring families.*
- Interact with office personnel and teaching staff in a positive manner.*
- Word processing and light typing as needed.*
- Complete assigned paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.*
- Substitute in the classroom as needed.
- Assist parents in identifying social service needs, provide appropriate referrals and follow-up.*
- Conduct enrollment appointments with prospective families.*
- Maintain an updated list of currently enrolled children.*
- Maintain and update waiting lists.*
- Monitor weekly attendance sheets from sites.*
- Complete required monthly reports.*
- Maintain knowledge of all current requirements for families receiving subsidized services in accordance with the Department of Education’s Funding Terms and Conditions and Title 22.*
- Maintain and update family files.*
- Actively participate in in-service program.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Recruit, train and supervise parents and other volunteers.
- Promote full enrollment, and participate in recruitment of children as directed.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation, on a timely basis, according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Assist the Family Services Supervisor as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Family Service Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction of the State Preschool Family Services Supervisor.
Benefits: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
Division: State Preschool
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs