- Twelve month work year.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Employment responsibilities, compensation, or any other factor may change with changes in Federal regulations, State regulations, the Agency's contracts, or at Agency direction.
SALARY: Range of Steps 1 – 4, $26.78/hr. - $31.00/hr. Initial salary placement, Step 1.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
- BA in Psychology, Education or related field (as deemed by the agency).
- Two years of experience working with children with challenging behaviors.
- Four years of experience working directly with children in a group setting.
- Experience developing and presenting workshops for adults.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist classroom staff to implement effective behavior management techniques with individuals and with groups of children.*
- Provide training on behavior management topics for management staff and teaching staff.*
- Adapt reporting and communication methods to meet the needs of individual division management teams.*
- Observe specific children with challenging behaviors, develop a plan for the teaching staff to implement, provide training on the plan, and participate in periodic evaluation and modification of the effectiveness of the behavior modification strategies.*
- Review appropriate documentation and provide feedback as a member of the division management team concerning children and challenging behaviors.*
- Read and implement all agency and program policies and procedures.*
- Accurately complete all assigned paperwork and documentation on a timely basis according to agency policies and procedures.*
- Work effectively with other team members.*
- Assist Division Directors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.*
- Works under direction of the Deputy Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer.
BENEFITS: Options for Learning provides flexible spending credits which can be applied toward the purchase of any of the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, Legal Assistance Plan, AFLAC, Dependent Care, 403(b) Retirement Savings, or a Cash-out option. Options for Learning also provides 9 paid holidays, Paid Personal Time Off, Basic Life Insurance coverage, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to its employees.
PLEASE APPLY BELOW
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs